Tuesday, November 17, 2015

London teen left UK to join PKK, fight ISIS, court hears

A teenage girl left her London home last autumn in an attempt to join the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) involved in the struggle against Islamic State, telling her parents she wanted to be a “militant,” an Old Bailey jury heard.
Silhan Ozcelik, 18, left her north London home last October and travelled to Brussels in order to join the PKK, indicating in a letter and video left behind for her parents that she would then travel to wherever the party sent her. “As you read this letter at this moment I will have joined the PKK ranks. Believe me this is the right thing for me to do. I am so happy right now that I have become a militant,” her letter read. The teenager is being tried for “engaging in conduct in preparation for giving an effect to an intention to commit acts of terrorism” under the Terrorism Act 2006.
INC News, 17/11/2015 - via RT

No comments:

VK