Monday, September 8, 2014

Rogue trader who lost billions walks free 110 days into 5-year term

Rogue trader

French rogue trader Jerome Kerviel, who racked up record losses for his bank Société Générale in 2008 and was jailed for five years for illegal deals, has left prison. A press pack awaited him as he walked free after an unexpectedly short time behind bars.“I’m really happy to be out today, it’ll be a lot easier for me now, obviously, and those close to me, to work on my case and carry on my fight for justice,” he said.Kerviel’s lawyer insisted the whole truth of the affair was overdue.
“It’s high time today for the so-called Kerviel Affair sofware to be rebooted, so we can see it for what it is, no ‘Kerviel affair’, but a Société Générale affair. As you know, we have filed several complaints against the bank,” said David Koubbi.
INC News, 08/09/2014

No comments:

VK